Consumer Centered Management
We organize the complaints from the Customer Service Center by type and analyze the data to make improvements and prevent recurrences. Once we implement proposed improvements, we monitor the situation to confirm that the improvements are being carried out correctly. In 2013, we acquired the PIMS (Personal Information Management System) certification to protect our customers' data more methodically. Again, we were the first in the industry to acquire the certification and have maintained the certification status to date.
GS Caltex operates the Star Service Team to provide consistent services and increase customer satisfaction. Established in 1997, the Star Service Team specializes in professional training and has extensive experience in on-site service training. It also serves as a VOC (Voice of Customer) channel delivering feedback straight from the customers to relevant departments. Such efforts have made it possible for GS Caltex to obtain the first place ranking in the National Customer Satisfaction Index (NCSI) in the gasoline station category for eleven consecutive years.
Customer complaint processing time: 0.7 days (based on 2018 data)
Promotions and Membership Programs
- Our Kixx brand provides specialized services to GS Caltex gas station customers. Kixx embodies the fast, strong, and dynamic energy of the word 'kick' which inspired the brand name. In 2006, we launched the I'm Your Cinema event, the largest of its kind for movie fans. GS Caltex station users can check the Kixx website and their gas station receipts to see if they have won movie tickets. The unique offer is just one way GS Caltex adds joy to the customer experience.
- GS&POINT is an integrated GS Group membership program introduced in 2008. Customers can collect GS points from purchases they made at GS Caltex, GS Retail, and GS Shop. The points can then be used at GS&POINT affiliate or partner companies like cash (1 point = KRW 1). The GS&POINT website also offers a variety of benefits and events for customers of all ages. The membership program is continuing to communicate with customers and publicize the GS brand on social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Kakao Plus Friend.
Kixx Quality Service
Strict standards are the key to preventing decline in quality of petroleum products. From production to storage and distribution, GS Caltex employs rigorous quality control over products until they reach the consumers. We began operating the industry’s first mobile quality control service with Kixx Quality Service Vehicles in 2007 and expanded the service to include LPG Quality Service Vehicles in 2013. These travelling laboratories visit gas stations nationwide to conduct quality inspections and respond to customer complaints. They can also be mobilized immediately in emergencies. Every year, we publish informational leaflets on how to maintain diesel in cold weather and share the material with station visitors and businesses to ensure consumers can use our product without any hassles in the winter.
Kixx Quality Service Vehicles
- Oil Type Analysis
Quality analysis (octane number, research, density, water content, olefin content, aromatic content, benzene content, oxygen content)
Quality analysis (identification of additives, i.e. addition of kerosene, water content)
- Facility Inspection
- Preliminary inspection of risk factors, including fire or explosion on the premises of the services station
- Gasoline analysis
Use of FT-NIR
(Fourier transform – near infrared spectrometer)
- Kerosene in diesel
- Use of colorimeter, UV spectrometer
- Water content and sediment
- Moisture detection reagents, centrifugal separator