We are linking circular economy activities through our business value chain and continuing to expand environment-friendly businesses and initiatives to contribute to a sustainable future environment.
- Use of eco-friendly materials
- Use of LNG(liquefied natural gas) exclusively to power production facilities
- Products made with bio materials (biodiesel)
- Expand application to waste materials, such as using recycled plastic
- Reduction of energy and pollutants
- Introduce energy-saving devices/technology, improve processes
- Invest in facilities to capture/reduce greenhouse gases/air pollutants
- Promotion of recycling
- Expand collection of materials/products from waste resources (collect metals from GS EcoMetal, a subsidiary)
- Reuse waste oil/wastewater/catalysts/synthetic resins in diverse applications
- Sale of eco-friendly/high-performance products
- Eco-certified products (kerosene, 2 lubricants)
- biochemical products (2,3 Butanediol ect)
- High-performance/high-efficiency products (Gr. III, polymer modified asphalt , Long Fiber Reinforced Thermoplastics etc)
GS Caltex issued KRW 100 billion worth of green bonds (among ESG bonds) to invest in environmental facilities that will help reduce air pollutants and improve energy efficiency. Starting with the issuance of specialized bonds that are limited to eco-friendly investments, we are actively moving to protect our environment while searching for future growth.